Translations

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hello yk000123,

Will there, by any chance be a English version of your application? I absolutely love how it looks and would like to try it but I can not understand the mandarin (pardon me, if I'm wrong).

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I'm flattered that there are foreign friends who want to use my application.

Unfortunately, I'm an intern at Microsoft now. So I don't have much time to do this. You know, translation is not a little case. Maybe you can read my source code and translate by yourself?

BTW, I wonder how you found this application.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I have already started working on the translating at the time of posting this reply. The first step is to separate your text into .resx files. Then I can simply take that and copy it and translate it from there. This will make your application easy to translate to other applications.

Also, I found your application on the CodePlex homepage. When you release a new version, it shows up on the front page.

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Sorry can't help you.

Good luck!

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Thanks!

Okay, so I've been making some progress:

Sadly, some things don't translate well so I had to get creative and rewrite things. I am not sure if it makes very much sense but Google translate has help quite a bit.

Edit: In that last pic, I meant to say 'blank' and not 'black'.

Lastly, you have a lot of hard coded tooltips. I can't find the text for the 'like' button, or the tabs in XAML.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Good News: The Translation is mostly complete (aside from a couple of phrases that I need your help translating).

It retains your original text and simply swaps the text for the English equivalent when the user is from the US (can make it for all English countries if needed).

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

You can send me a copy of .resx files. I will help you to translate. Please send to yk000123@hotmail.com.

PS: I think "DoubanFM" is better than "Watercress Radio" cause "DoubanFM" is the official english name (See http://blog.douban.com/douban/2011/03/02/1405/). "豆瓣电台" is the official chinese name before but then changed to "豆瓣FM“. My client's name is still "豆瓣电台", not "豆瓣FM".

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM

The files have been sent. Thank you for the help. I am sure English speakers will enjoy your software as much as I did while I was testing it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Thanks for your help. After a little extra tweaking to make things fit, I have uploaded the zip file containing the source code, to the patches section: http://doubanfm.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I'll update soon. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:39 AM

You're welcome!

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi Amrykid,

I updated it today. Here is the homepage of this software. Press '立即使用' to install and enjoy it~

http://www.kfstorm.com/blog/doubanfm/

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Great. Thanks and I will enjoy it! Good luck with this project!